Annual Service / Safety Inspection
NEW to Jensen Trailers - Annual Truck Safety $99!!!!!
We now provide you with a One Stop Shopping experience for both your trailer and your truck!
An annual safety inspection is a reality that comes with trailer ownership in Ontario. Ignoring the fact that the Ministry of Transportation mandates this service, common sense dictates that maintaining your equipment will provide you with safe transportation, free of costly breakdowns.
Our Licensed Automotive / Truck / Trailer Technicians dedicate over two hours to inspect & service your trailer.
WHEN IS A SAFETY STICKER REQUIRED FOR MY TRAILER?
The ministry of transportation mandates that if the vehicle and trailers combined weight is greater than 4500kg, a safety sticker is required. This generally means that a safety sticker is required for all tandem and tri axle trailers being towed by any size pick up trucks. There is one exception to this rule. If the vehicle you are towing with has white and blue plates you fall within a loop hole where a safety sticker is not required for your truck or your trailer.
DO I NEED A SAFETY STICKER FOR MY TOW VEHICLE?
If your trailer has an annual safety sticker, your tow vehicle must also have a safety sticker. Call us to book your apointment today toll free at 1-866-479-1744 or contact us by email to book an appointment!
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO HAVE A SAFETY DONE?
If your trailer has a safety sticker you must get the safety done that month every year! You may do this a month or so early to change the month but we suggest not leaving it to the last minute.
WHATS INCLUDED IN THE SAFETY?
Our Licensed Automotive / Truck / Trailer Technicians dedicate over two hours to inspect & service your trailer. They…
- Check for any items that should be covered under factory warranty
- Disassemble the bearing assemblies to inspect for damage
- Clean & repack bearings
- We insist on replacing all grease seals as no credible technician will re-use seals once they are damaged during removal. A lot of very expensive work can be ruined if old seals are re-used.
- Inspect, function check and adjust all brake assemblies
- Inspect tires & report on condition
- Lubricate coupler and all hinges
- Function check electrical system for lights and break away switch
- Install a new 7 pin trailer connector
- Trailer wash & touch up as required
- $144.95 (service) + $35.80 (new oil seals)
Essentially… $180.75 buys you worry free travel
How often you use your trailer will determine how regularly you need to replace wear items such as brakes and tires. Additional parts and labour that may be required to meet Ministry standards are extra.
If you would like to schedule your trailer for inspection or if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Service Department by phone or contact us by email.
Additonal parts or labour required to meet safety requirements are extra. Prices are subject to change without notice. Our labour rate is $85.00/hr.
Request More Information
Please feel free to contact us for more information about this service.